- Department of Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science
- Master of Science
- Single-Subject Matter Preparation (SSMP) Program
- Mission and philosophy
- Course and grade requirements for the SSMP Program
- Portfolio format requirements and review procedure
- Candidate outcomes
- Elective courses advisory
- SSMP coordinator
- Counselors and faculty advisors
- Careers in mathematics
- Undergraduate Opportunities
- Faculty Directory
- Faculty resources
Course Requirements for the SSMP in Mathematics
The pdf file Course requirements is a two-page document that outlines the requirements of the SSMP Program in Mathematics.
- The first page contains a worksheet for the course requirements of the SSMP.
- The second page contains a table with three columns that compares the course requirements for a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics and the SSMP in Mathematics.
- LEFT COLUMN: The course requirements for the Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics.
- MIDDLE COLUMN: The course requirements for students following the SSMP in Mathematics.
RIGHT COLUMN: The course requirements for students who wish to complete a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics AND the SSPP course requirements as efficiently as possible.
Grade Requirements for the SSMP in Mathematics
Each course submitted toward the SSMP in Mathematics must be completed with a grade of C (2.0) or better. Students must achieve a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 in all coursework for the SSMP in Mathematics.