Undergraduate Student Involvement
STEM Ambassador Program
CRESE STEM Ambassadors are outstanding undergraduate STEM majors who are integral to CSUSM's STEM outreach efforts. They share their unique experiences at CSUSM with prospective students, they promote CSUSM science and math programs at local high schools and community colleges, and they serve as role models for current and future STEM majors. STEM Ambassadors are paid hourly and work part-time throughout the semester.
What are some examples of STEM Ambassador Activities?
- Facilitating STEM Making activities as part of an afterschool program in local middle schools
- Collaborating with CSUSM School of Education undergrads to provide design thinking challenges to local elementary and middle schools
- Conducting interactive science demonstrations for K-12 students
- Leading hands-on activities during community events and family science and STEM nights
- Supporting STEM learning objectives for CSUSM and community partnerships
- Participating in summer and winter STEM youth camps for local K-12 students
Interested in joining the STEM Ambassador team?
- CSUSM STEM undergrad
- Interest in sharing your passion for STEM with local K-12 students
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Highly motivated, energetic, and dependable
- Academically successful
- Afternoon availability on at least 1 or 2 weekdays during the semester
Benefits of being a STEM Ambassador:
- Regular training in various STEM activities, classroom management, cultural proficiency and more
- A supportive, engaging and fun work environment
- Satisfaction from getting kids excited about STEM
- A chance to contribute to local communities
- Valuable leadership and career experience