Undergraduate Student Involvement
STEM Ambassador Program
CRESE STEM Ambassadors are outstanding undergraduate STEM majors who are integral to CSUSM's STEM outreach
efforts. STEM Ambassadors are paid hourly and work part-time throughout the semester.
What are some examples of STEM Ambassador Activities?
- Facilitating STEM Making activities as part of an afterschool program in local middle
- Collaborating with CSUSM School of Education undergrads to provide design thinking
challenges to local elementary and middle schools
- Conducting interactive science demonstrations for K-12 students
- Leading hands-on activities during community events and family science and STEM nights
- Supporting STEM learning objectives for CSUSM and community partnerships
- Participating in summer and winter STEM youth camps for local K-12 students
Interested in joining the STEM Ambassador team?
- CSUSM STEM undergrad
- Interest in sharing your passion for STEM with local K-12 students
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Highly motivated, energetic, and dependable
- Academically successful
- Afternoon availability on at least 1 or 2 weekdays during the semester
Benefits of being a STEM Ambassador:
- Regular training in various STEM activities, classroom management, cultural proficiency
- A supportive, engaging and fun work environment
- Satisfaction from getting kids excited about STEM
- A chance to contribute to local communities
- Valuable leadership and career experience
Click here to apply for a STEM Ambassador position.