Undergraduate STEM Ambassadors
Who are STEM Ambassadors?
CRESE STEM Ambassadors are outstanding undergraduate STEM majors who are integral to CSUSM's STEM outreach efforts. They share their unique experiences at CSUSM with prospective students, they promote CSUSM science and math programs at local high schools and community colleges, and they serve as role models for current and future STEM majors. STEM Ambassadors are paid hourly and work part-time throughout the semester. CRESE is dedicated to promoting upward mobility for undergraduates within our center. Apart from our STEM Ambassadors, we have four Lead STEM Ambassadors that support CRESE to ensure all programs are being run smoothly.
What does a STEM Ambassador do?
Interested in joining the STEM Ambassador team?
- CSUSM STEM undergrad
- Interest in sharing your passion for STEM with local K-12 students
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Highly motivated, energetic, and dependable
- Academically successful
- Afternoon availability on at least 1 or 2 weekdays during the semester
Benefits of being a STEM Ambassador:
- Regular training in various STEM activities, classroom management, cultural proficiency and more
- A supportive, engaging and fun work environment
- Satisfaction from getting kids excited about STEM
- A chance to contribute to local communities
- Valuable leadership and career experience