Consistent with CSUSM’s goals, the Office of Disability Support Services (DSS) has
been designated to provide services and accommodations to students with disabilities
to ensure that they have both equal opportunity and access in their educational pursuits.
The DSS office is located within Craven Hall in Suite 4200.
Mission Statement and Goals
The Office of Disability Support Services (DSS) is committed to providing opportunities
for higher education to students with disabilities and to making the programs, activities
and facilities at California State University San Marcos fully accessible.
- To ensure that campus policies address the needs of students with disabilities.
- To ensure that students with disabilities have full access to campus facilities and
- To improve the campus community’s awareness and understanding of students with disabilities.
- To ensure that educational policies and curricula are accessible for students with
- To interact with other agencies in the community who provide services to individuals
with disabilities to ensure the availability of all resources.
- To provide appropriate support services for students with disabilities to ensure their
participation in the full range of campus programs and activities.
- To involve students in assessing current needs, recommending new services, and expanding
existing services as needed.
- To ensure the campus remains physically accessible by providing valuable input to
those individuals responsible for future campus construction projects and the maintenance
of the existing site.
- To collaborate with other campus units in providing outreach and retention services
to all CSUSM students, including students from diverse populations.
For those of you interested in getting in touch with us by mail, our address is:
Disability Support Services
California State University San Marcos
333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Road
San Marcos, CA 92096-0001