Facility Services Safety Committee Accomplishments
- All shops have regular safety meetings.
- Carts that cannot be set up with windshield wipers, can have RainEx sprayed on the
windshields to improve visibility in the rain.
- Personal Protection Equipment Kits now include basic first aid supplies: bank-aids
- Procedures were communicated to staff regarding how to handle workplace injuries:
treatment, lost time, and safety boards.
- Hepatitis B inoculations were administered to all appropriate employees.
- Managers have access to the 3 Injury Reporting forms.
- Smoking in the USB Breezeway was addressed due to the proximity to the USB fueling
station and the potential hazard.
- Each shop established a safety binder with sections for minutes, new suggestions, shop
training, and bulletins.
- “Lock Out Tag Out” training sessions were completed and are continuously updated.
- The 7 Minute Safety Trainer materials were unanimously adopted for shop safety meetings.
- A map and index of first aid kit locations were created on same map with Fire Extinguishers.
- Non-slip mats were installed on Craven and University Hall roofs.
- A trip hazard (tree root) was removed from the foot path behind Science Hall 2.
- Shut-off manuals were completed for distribution in all campus in mechanical rooms.
- A Safety Drive was created to provide department access to training and other essential
documents and reference materials.