Mission statement: GEW Council is made up of elected GEW instructor volunteers; the Council collaborates with the GEW Coordinator to evaluate and promote the General Education Writing (GEW) program.
2023-2024 Council Members: Jen Allard, Kristin Bebout, Rachelle Fitzgerald, Bill Grazier, Cyndi Headley. LTWR Liaison: Heidi Breuer. TA Representatives: Lauren Adams, Alea Droker
Description of duties:
- Review, revise, and enact GEW changes and requirements
- Voluntarily attend monthly meetings (1.5 hours in length, date/time determined by Doodle poll)
- Serve as point of contact for GEW instructors
- Assist with professional development
- Plan and cohost GEW retreat
- Represent GEW perspectives and voices in LTWR department decisions
Term length: GEW Instructors serve for four semesters and must be on contract to serve. The TA Representative and LTWR Liaison serve for two semesters. Council members can be elected for multiple terms.