Corporate Foundation Relations
CSUSM Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) is a campus-wide resource for those within the CSUSM community who seek external philanthropic support from corporations and private grant-making foundations. Specifically, the request for support must be in line with institutional priorities identified by the president, provost, and deans.
If you have a compelling project or program that has been approved by your dean, the first step to identifying private support is to meet with the development director assigned to your college and the director of CFR.
We are here to advise and assist you throughout the fundraising cycle by:
- Conceptualizing and developing a fundraising request and timeline for priority projects and programs
- Identifying, cultivating, and building strong, ongoing relationships with corporate and foundation donors
- Introducing university leadership and points of contact to corporations and foundations who match interests
- Ensuring that letters of inquiry and proposals are aligned with the College and CSUSM priorities, are written effectively, and comply with potential funder guidelines
- Collaborating on gift/grant inquiries and solicitations including help with proposal writing, budget development, and completion of forms
- Organizing, planning, and hosting corporate and foundation visits to campus
- Facilitating reporting on gifts received
- Providing recognition of gifts/grants received by the corporation or foundation
- Acting as the liaison to the corporation or foundation throughout the proposal and stewardship process
Please note that CFR only assists with philanthropic requests; government grants and contracts are handled by the Office of Graduate Studies and Research (OGSR). However, your corporate or foundation-funded research, project, or program may require the administration of OGSR. We will help determine if this collaboration is required for your request.
We look forward to working with you to secure support for your scholarly, academic, and outreach goals.