Admission to the Master of Social Work program requires a baccalaureate degree from
a regionally accredited college or university, and a minimum GPA of 3.0 for the last
60 semester units or 90 quarter units of undergraduate course work.
Students must also have completed an undergraduate statistics course with a grade
of 'C' or better; and have computing skills sufficient to complete graduate work,
including word processing and statistical software programs.
A complete application consists of:
- The completed application form (see How to Apply tab on the left).
- One set of official transcripts from each college and university attended (with official
verification of graduation).
- Completion of an undergraduate statistics course with a grade of 'C' or better.
- A resume including any volunteer, internship, or other paid or unpaid experience in
social work or human services positions.
- Three letters of recommendation; including either two academic and one professional,
or two professional and one academic reference letter. (Please note: personal references
will not be accepted.) Recommendation forms are submitted electronically.
- A personal statement (maximum of 3 pages- see PROMPT on How to Apply tab).
In accordance with Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) standards, the MSW program
does not grant academic credit for previous life or work experience.
To apply, please visit the How To Apply page of the website.