department menu

Domestic Student with International Transcripts

U.S. Students with Foreign Coursework

How to transfer coursework from a non-U.S. college or university

Items to Submit

  1. All official post-secondary foreign academic records including certificates, examination grades, degrees or diplomas in original language of issue must be submitted through the postal mail in a school-sealed envelope.
  2. Previous non-U.S. college or university must meet our accreditation standards
  3. Official English translations of all academic records including certificates, degrees or diplomas
  4. Satisfy our English Language Proficiency Requirement with one of the following:
  • Undergraduate:
    • TOEFL score of 61 iBT with writing score no lower than 19 and no section score below 14
    • IELTS overall band score of 5.5 with writing score no lower than 5.5 and no section score below 5.0
    • Completion of the equivalent of CSUSM's A-2 Written Communication course as noted in our catalog with a grade of C or better
  • Graduate and postbaccalaureate:
    • TOEFL score of 80 iBT
    • IELTS overall band score of 6 with writing score no lower than 6 and no section score below 5.5
    • US bachelor's degree

IMPORTANT: Documents must be submitted by the deadline stated on your MyCSUSM Student Center.

Send all OFFICIAL transcripts and translations directly to the address below.

If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the International Admission Office:

California State University San Marcos - International Admissions
333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Road, San Marcos, CA 92096-0001 USA
P: (760) 750-4844  F: (760) 750-3138