Enjoy the sights and sounds of several cities throughout Switzerland on this travel
study tour of one of the world's happiest places!
June 12-24, 2018
Positive Psychology, PSYC 344
Proposed Study Tour (set tours and itineraries subject to change):
- Walking tour of Basel
- Guest lecture
Lucerne & Murren, Switzerland:
- Zweisimmen to Montreau on the Golden Pass Panoramique
- Tour of the cheese dairy La Maison du Gruyere
- Tour of the Maison Cailler chocolate factory
- Tour of Chateau de Chillon
- Tour of a Swiss winery
- Tour of the Olympic museum
Language of Instruction:
- Class level: Upper-division standing to earn Psyc 344/DD credit
- GPA: 2.75 and above; good academic standing prior to departure
- Ability to keep up with the physical demands of daily walking tours/hikes
3 units, PSYC 344: Positive Psychology
Shared rooms in clean, high-quality 2 & 3 star hostels and hotels throughout the regions
Estimated at $3,550 + Extended Learning Fees, estimated at $252
Program fees include transportation in country (does not include airport pick-up/drop-off),
accommodation, daily breakfast, welcome/farewell dinners, excursions and medical insurance.
Airfare, other meals, and personal expenditures are NOT included in this program cost,
but estimated at $1,300.
Some Useful Airfare Search Engines:
Please await notification from Global Education before purchasing your airfare. Ideally,
we enjoy holding a pre-departure meeting once the application deadline closes, then
participants may plan their travels together. Always read the fine print concerning
change fees, taxes, luggage restrictions, before booking. Whenever possible, book
directly with an airline.
- Attend an information session led by faculty leader, Professor Emily Merryweather.
- Fill out the online application materials via the link below. All application materials
must be received by March 8 along with your non-refundable $300 deposit to the Office
of Global Education. Online payment preferred through CashNet. Please be advised
to choose E-check and enter your checking account details to avoid the 2.75% convenience
fees applicable to all non-checking account payments. Cash, checks, and money orders
made payable to CSUSM will also be accepted.
- Final payment of program fees is due April 9, to the Office of Global Education,
following the payment guidelines set forth above. Payment of tuition related expenses
(estimated at $252) will be billed by Extended Learning and appear on your Student
Center, following the payment guidelines set out for Summer Session.
- Submit your flight details to Global Education here: Flight Information Form
- A mandatory pre-departure orientation will be held with Professor Merryweather to
discuss arrival instructions and the upcoming course.
Summer in Switzerland 2018 Application
Attend an Info Session Today!