Internship Information for Faculty
- Provide robust administrative and operational support for the faculty and students engaged in the high-impact practice of for-credit, academic internships; and
- Assist with sustaining existing and developing new university-community partnerships related to for-credit internships.
Download the Faculty Toolkit (zip file)
- Access the Internship Database of Partners
- Creating Effective Internships
- CSUSM Internship Policy
- Faculty Checklist
- Faculty Handbook
- Student workplace and safety orientation
- Timesheets for interns
For additional information, see the frequently asked questions for faculty.
Faculty Requesting a New Community Partner
A University Community Partnership is important because it establishes guidelines and policies for a quality internship experience. If you want to work with a particular organization that is not on the database, you may fill out a request to have an application sent to the organization.
This form will go directly to the prospective site requesting a partnership application be completed. Faculty should submit this form after confirming an employer can host their students for academic internship opportunities. Please make sure the contact information is correct before submitting.
Faculty Academic Internship Site Request
Once your site submits the application, the Career Center will review the information and establish a University Community Partnership.