Due to current COVID-19 Federal, State and County restrictions, we strongly recommend
that students search for and chose virtual internships, when at all possible. If an
in-person internship is necessary to complete required hours, CSUSM students may participate
in on-site internships activities in the State of California provided the student
and the organization follow current Federal, State, and County public health guidelines
effective May 19, 2020. Organizations will be required to submit evidence they are
in compliance with public health guidelines. If have any questions, please contact
the Career Center.
- Provide robust administrative and operational support for the faculty and students
engaged in the high-impact practice of for-credit, academic internships; and
- Assist with sustaining existing and developing new university-community partnerships
related to for-credit internships.
Download the Faculty Toolkit (zip file)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I work with a community partner that is not in the database?
Complete the Request Community Partner Form and we will contact the requested organization to create a university-community
- Where do I access the Service Learning & Internship Database?
The Service Learning and Internship database is found in the Office of Internship and Service Learning website.
- How can I learn more about the database (S4)?
The Faculty User Guide is available for detailed S4 database information.
- Where can I get more information on how to offer an internship?
Please review the Faculty Internship Checklist & Faculty Toolkit for additional internship information.