Your  Account:
CSTEM College of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics

Degree Requirements


Every Chemistry major is required to do at least 4 units of independent research, either engaging in a laboratory research project (Chem 499) or a library research project (Chem 498). Biochemistry majors are encouraged to do research if their post-graduate goals would be furthered by research experience. Students are encouraged to begin research as soon as they are qualified to work in the desired laboratory, or to do a Chem 398 project to become familiar with the background material for the research to be done. In some cases, you can begin Chem 399 in the 2nd semester of sophomore year or 1st semester of junior year.