Faculty, Staff, Student Ambassadors
Be a part of the Celebration!
The Commencement Office invites all faculty, staff, and campus partners to join us as we celebrate graduates during one of the happiest celebrations hosted by the University! The Commencement Office utilizes Sign-Up Genius to help organize participants and time slots available. Each shift will be dependent on ceremony time and participants will be notified of the information sessions prior to Commencement. Help us make this a memorable experience for our graduating Cougars!
- Faculty Sign-up Form
- Faculty Training
Faculty Marshal training will be held before the event. Dates, times and locations will be emailed to those who signed up.
- Faculty Check-In and Parking
All Faculty participating in the Commencement ceremonies must check in by scanning the QR codes at the Clarke Field House as well as the Softball Field, Track, and the Parking Structure. Please arrive 5-15 mins early so that you have enough time to dress into regalia, snack, and get to your lineup in time. Please also account for traffic.
Please park in Parking Structure 1.
- Faculty RecessionalFaculty will exit the graduate seating area and form a double line immediately beyond it, along the recessional route so that Faculty may greet students and offer congratulations as the students exit the ceremony site. The Faculty Marshals will assist in creating this "congratulatory line." The Students will continue the recessional to the meet and greet area.
- Faculty Attire
All faculty participating in commencement will be responsible for providing their own regalia to wear during the commencement ceremonies. Faculty must wear ceremonial regalia during the commencement ceremonies. Faculty will NOT be permitted to participate in the processional or sit in the faculty seating area without wearing ceremonial regalia.
Please note that purchasing your regalia will be a personal expense and not be reimbursed by the University. Additionally, departments may not purchase regalia as a supply for their department.
It can take up to 8 weeks to receive your order/rental.
Deadline to Purchase OR rent Your Regalia: March 17, 2023
For questions regarding department expenses, you may contact and/or work with your department support personnel.
- Snack & MealsPre-packaged snacks and boxed meals will be served to those that sign-up for Commencement. There will be designated areas to have a break and eat.
- Staff & Student Ambassador Sign-up Form
The Commencement Office is utilizing Signup Genius to manage Commencement Staff Signups. The Commencement Staff Sign-up Form will be organized by tabs according to area in Sign-up Genius.
Please note that we try to accommodate all requests, but if there is a position that requires additional assistance, you could be placed there to assist. We thank you for your understanding and for your participation during the Commencement Ceremonies!
Specific Department Sign-ups. Must be in the listed department to sign-up in these areas. The sign-ups below may be password protected. The department liason/supervisor will have the sign-up password.
- Staff Info Session
- Check-In and Parking
Please arrive 5-15 minutes prior to the start of your assigned shift and check-in by scanning the QR codes in various locations (Please refer to the Volunteer Information Session to see QR Code Locations). There will be several QR Codes at the Clarke Field House as well as the Softball Field, Track, and the Parking Structure.
You will then be directed to go to your assigned location (field, stage, CFH, etc.). Please make sure you make proper arrangements to allow for travel time and possible traffic delays. Please park in Parking Structure 1.
- Shift TimesPlease note that end times are approximate times. Shifts will end when ceremonies conclude and all clean-up or re-set is complete.
Commencement polo shirt with dress slacks, khakis, or jeans with comfortable shoes. If you do not have a commencement polo from previous years, you may wear your department shirt or blue CSUSM gear.
Bring a bottle of water, a hat, and don't forget your sunscreen!
- Snacks & MealsPre-packaged snacks and boxed meals will be served to those that sign-up for Commencement. There will be designated areas to have a break and eat.