Consistent with CSUSM’s goals, the Office of Disability Support Services (DSS) has been designated to provide services and accommodations to students with disabilities to ensure that they have both equal opportunity and access in their educational pursuits. The DSS office is located within Administrative Building in Suite 4200.
Mission Statement and Goals
The Office of Disability Support Services (DSS) is committed to providing opportunities for higher education to students with disabilities and to making the programs, activities and facilities at California State University San Marcos fully accessible.
- To ensure that campus policies address the needs of students with disabilities.
- To ensure that students with disabilities have full access to campus facilities and programs.
- To improve the campus community’s awareness and understanding of students with disabilities.
- To ensure that educational policies and curricula are accessible for students with disabilities.
- To interact with other agencies in the community who provide services to individuals with disabilities to ensure the availability of all resources.
- To provide appropriate support services for students with disabilities to ensure their participation in the full range of campus programs and activities.
- To involve students in assessing current needs, recommending new services, and expanding existing services as needed.
- To ensure the campus remains physically accessible by providing valuable input to those individuals responsible for future campus construction projects and the maintenance of the existing site.
- To collaborate with other campus units in providing outreach and retention services to all CSUSM students, including students from diverse populations.
For those of you interested in getting in touch with us by mail, our address is:Disability Support Services California State University San Marcos 333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Road San Marcos, CA 92096-0001