On Tuesday, November 8, California registered voters will vote regarding seven (7) statewide propositions, statewide candidates, U.S. Representatives, Supreme Courte Justices, as well as local candidates and local measures.
All California registered voters will receive a ballot for the primary election starting October 10. Monday, October 24 is the last day to register to vote online. There are three ways to vote: by mail, in-person, or ballot drop-off at your local poll site. Confirm your poll location using the California State Secretary Poll Location tool.
The McMahan House will host eleven (11) days of election polling from Saturday, October 29 to Tuesday, November 8. Parking will be marked off in Lot B, directly below the McMahan House entrance. Directional signage will be posted.
CSUSM earned a Gold Seal from the 2020 Election ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge for non partisan student voter participation efforts.
(19.2% higher than 2016)
Great job taking action everyone!
Fall 2022 Civic and Election Dates
2022 General Election
- Tuesday, September 20: National Voter Registration Day
- Monday, October 10: Counties offer early voting sites - to find a location, please visit CAEarlyVoting.sos.ca.gov
- Monday, October 24: Last day to register to vote online or by mail ahead of the General Election
- Tuesday, October 25 - Tuesday, November 8: Same Day Voter Registration is available - voters can “conditionally” register and vote at a county elections office or polling location after the voter registration deadline, up to and including Election Day
- Tuesday, November 1: Last day for county elections officials to send a registered voter a vote-by-mail ballot
- Tuesday, November 8: General Election - polls shall be open throughout the state from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
2022 Additional Key Dates
- Monday, August 15 – Tuesday, November 8: California University and College Ballot Bowl Competition
- Monday, October 3 – Friday, October 7: National Voter Education Week
- Friday, October 28: Vote Early Day
- Monday, November 7: Election Hero Day
- Monday, December 5: Deadline to submit Campus Action Plan to the Secretary of State.
- Voter's Edge is an online ballot lookup tool that provides in-depth information about what's on your ballot in English and Spanish.
- League of Women Voter's San Diego November 2022 General Election Easy Voter Guide.
- CA Secretary of State's Student Voter Student Voter Resource Guide and Quick Facts for the 2022 General Election.