Mediasite in Cougar Courses
Mediasite is integrated into Cougar Courses (Canvas). This means you can link to and embed your Mediasite videos from within CC. There are three ways Mediasite is integrated: within the RCE (rich content editor) to easily link or embed a video, and through two links in the course navigation to make it easier for you and your students to access your course Mediasite videos.
Embed/Link to a Mediasite Video
You can link to or a Mediasite video on a Page. To do so:
- While editing your Page, scroll and click on the part of the page where you want to add the video.
- Either click on the Apps icon in the toolbar, or click on Tools then Apps.
- If you don't see Mediasite, click View All. Choose Mediasite.
- Choose Presentation.
- Wait a few seconds while the list of your videos loads or start typing the video name in the Search bar.
- For the video you want to add, click "Add to [course name]." If instead it just says "Make Viewable" it means that video is still set to private. Click "Make Viewable" to then see "Add to [course name]"
- Choose either "Presentation Link" or "Player Only" depending on if you want to link to the video or embed it on the page. Once selected, the video will be added to the page.
- Click Save.
This video walks you through the basic process of embedding a Mediasite video on a page. Keep in mind the steps might not be exactly the same due to variations in our Canvas instance and integration with Mediasite.
Mediasite Course Navigation Links
There are two links you can add to your course navigation. If you are unfamiliar with how to add or remove links from your course navigation, please see this help guide.
The MyMediasite link allows you to easily access your MyMediasite page from within CC. This link is not visible to your students, it is just for your use to easily upload/manage your videos and make them available for your Mediasite Videos link. The Mediasite Videos link provides you and your students a shortcut to all the Mediasite videos you make available for your course. To add videos to that list:
- Click on MyMediasite in your course navigation.
- Click on the video you wish to add.
- Click Edit Details in the upper right.
- Scroll down the bottom of the page and under Modules click the green "Add Module" button.
- Click on your course name.
- Click Save. The video will then be available to your students on the Mediasite Videos link.
This video walks you through the process of adding a video to your Mediasite Videos collection.
Additional Mediasite Resources
- If you encounter an error when attempting the above, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Adding and editing captions to your Mediasite Video.