Your  Account:

Department Travel

Faculty Travel Instructions

There have been some new policies regarding travel so please follow these steps so that your travel request and reimbursement claim can run smoothly.

If you are traveling, you will need to notify us as soon as possible and follow the steps below to file your travel paperwork. 

  • For domestic travel, you must allow 30 days from the beginning of the approval process to be sure your request can be met in time.
  • For International travel, you must allow 60 days from the beginning of the approval process to be sure your request can be met in time.

Before you travel:

Step 1:

Please fill out the form below to submit your travel details and estimates.  If you have nothing to claim, please type 0 in the specific category.  Please overestimate your expenses.  You will also be emailed a copy of the form once you press submit.

Faculty Domestic (In or Out-of- State) -  Online Domestic Travel Form

Faculty International Travel                -   Online International Travel Form 

Step 2:

If you are going to miss ANY class during your travel, please send Toni an email explaining the arrangements you made to cover your classes AND fill out the Absence From Class Form.

Absence From Class Form

Step 3:

If you are traveling internationally, you must fill out additional paperwork.  Please submit this paperwork to Toni.
Travel to High Hazard areas require Chancellors Office approval first before insurance can be procured.

International Travel Paperwork (Contact Department)

Please print and submit to Toni:

  • Chancellor’s Office High Hazard Insurance Form (Toni will send this to you if you are traveling to a high hazard area)
  • Any expenditure paid by traveler in a forgein currency will need a proof of the currency exchange rate at the day of the purchase. Use this link to look up the currency rate and print a confirmation

Step 4:

Are you claiming mileage?  Any state employee who is driving on university business must complete the Defensive Driving Program before traveling to receive mileage reimbursement. (The Defensive Driving Program can now be done completely online-

Defensive Driving Program Information

Step 5:

Submit all receipts, estimates, and confirmations pertaining to your travel to Toni.  If you are staying in a hotel, flying, or renting a car, you must submit an estimate or actual receipt.  (Estimates must be printed from the website showing costs)

If you are attending an event or conference, please also provide a copy of the announcement or schedule.

Step 6:

Per the CSU Travel Procedure G-001 when traveling within the US, lodging rates are not to exceed $275 per night before taxes and resort fees, excluding internet and parking.  You may request an exception to this procedure by filling out Lodging Cost Exception Preapproval form.  Please fill out the form, sign, and submit to Toni.  

Lodging Cost Exception Preapproval Form

Step 7:

Make sure everything is turned in at least 30 days before you travel.  We will contact you to sign your paperwork.

During your travel:

Step 1:

During your travel, please keep track of your expenses on the receipt form.  You will need to submit the form with all of your receipts detailing all of your expenses when you return from your trip.  If the form is not completely filled out, this will delay your reimbursement.

Receipt Form

While you are traveling, you must save all of your receipts. This also includes food. The receipts must be itemized and show everything ordered.   If you share a receipt with someone, you must mark what you ordered.  Separate receipts are preferred.   Maximum daily food allowance is $55.

Step 2:

Provide proof of attendance by saving your name tag, agenda, or copy of conference manual.

After you travel:

Step 1:

Submit your receipt form filled out, your itemized receipts, final receipts, proof of attendance, and any additional travel documents. 

Step 2:

We will contact you to sign your paperwork.