Understanding the World, Improving Your Community
The College of Humanities, Arts, Behavioral and Social Sciences (CHABSS) offers an exciting variety of degrees and programs that make up the core of a liberal arts education at CSUSM. Students in CHABSS courses master skills and technologies essential for professional success in a 21st century interdependent global society.
The College of Humanities, Arts, Behavioral and Social Sciences is starting its new startegic planning process.
- 2023 CSUSM President's Outstanding Graduate & CHABSS Dean's Outstanding Student
- Aidelen Montoya, Special Major in Museum Studies, Art, and Art History
- CHABSS Community Champion
- John Edwards, Social Sciences major
- CHABSS Champion for Inclusive Excellence
- Ilianna Ramirez, Psychological Science Major
- One Reks, Sociology and Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Major(s)
- CHABSS Champion for Scholarship & Creative Activities
- Kennedy Caudle, Environmental Studies Major
- Mia Lorence, Environmental Studies Major
- Jessica Kealty, Environmental Studies Major
- Jasmine O'Hara, Environmental Studies Major
Making the Dean’s List and staying on it is not easy. It is an accomplishment to be proud of, especially when the average student is balancing school, work, kids, partner, and a myriad of competing priorities. To celebrate the exceptional commitment Dean’s Listers make to excelling in their studies, CHABSS hosts two Dean’s List Mixers during the academic year.
Finding your way in college can be daunting and a little scary. There's so much to know - not just in regards to your studies, but figuring out what campus resources are available to help you succeed. One resource that many students overlook is their professors. Who better to help navigate academia than an academic? Get to know them.