Welcome to the Undergraduate Research Initiative for Scientific Enhancement (U-RISE) Program at CSU San Marcos. The program is funded by the National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIH/NIGMS). The U-RISE Program is intended to prepare talented and motivated minority undergraduate students majoring in the sciences to enter and succeed in doctoral studies (Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D.).
- Be a full time student at CSU San Marcos
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have at least 60 units
- Commitment to pursuing a Ph.D.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be a science major in Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Psychology, Kinesiology or other biomedical related degrees
Meets one of the NIH definitions for underrepresented populations
- Work in a research laboratory 12-15 hours per week during the academic year and 40 hours per week in the summer
- Attend Class (Fridays 12:30-2:00) and Workshops/Seminars (Fridays 2:00PM - 3:30PM).
- Participate in the CTREE Summer Research Training Program (SRTP)
- Participate in the Puentes Program (Graduate School Prep Program)
- Attend Scientific meetings to present your research
- Participate in all CTREE activities
- Mentor Undergraduate CTREE Students
- Annual income up to $13,644 per year
- Obtain "hands-on" research experience in research laboratories at CSU San Marcos
- Travel and conference expenses for one conference per year
- Mentoring by program faculty and staff
- Networking opportunities
- Academic Advising and Priority Registration
For "Letters of Recommendation", please just provide the name and we will reach out to ask for the letter on your behalf.
Interested in applying to the U-RISE program?
If you have any questions about applying to the U-RISE program, please feel free to
contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-750-3680.