The Office of Human Resources (OHR) performs the front end analysis for appointment categories, which includes Independent Contractors. Please complete the Contractor-Consultant Determination Form found on Human Resource’s website to determine if the appointment can be processed as an Independent Contractor.
If you have questions, please contact your assigned HR Analyst. If you are uncertain of your Analyst assignment, please refer to the directory.
If an IC is approved by OHR, follow the below instructions for processing the IC agreement.
Independent Contractor Packets:
- CSUSM and Foundation Only (Both business units will use the same forms)
- Instructions for submitting an Independent Contractor Agreement - Rev. 01/20/2023
- Independent Contractor Agreement - Rev. 01/20/2023
- It is against CSU Policy to reimburse or compensate Independent Contractors for travel expenses. Travel expenses should be included in the lump sum payment to the Independent Contractor.
- Independent Contractor Invoice Template – Rev 12/12/2022
- This template may be used by the IC to develop an Invoice pursuant to the IC Agreement.