Mission, Vision, Learning Outcomes and Values
We are committed to providing rigorous and relevant educational programs using a balance of theoretical, experiential, and applied learning to educate a diverse body of students to become responsible, engaged citizens with a global mindset who contribute positively to their communities and organizations. We achieve this through collaborative relationships among faculty, staff, students and the community guided by faculty involved in a combination of academic scholarship, applied scholarship, and professional experience.
CoBA aspires to be recognized as an engine for innovation and excellence in business education and research through collaboration with stakeholders to advance the economic vitality of the region.
Undergraduate Student Learning Outcomes
1. Communication: Our graduates will be able to effectively and professionally communicate both orally and in writing.
2. Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: Our graduates will be able to demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
3. Interpersonal and Collaboration: Our graduates will be able to demonstrate interpersonal and collaboration skills.
4. Analytics: Our graduates will be able to apply analytics to business situations.
5. Information Technology: Our graduates will be able to demonstrate proficiency in the use of information technology.
6. Ethics and Social Responsibility: Our graduates will be able to apply ethical and socially responsible perspectives/view points and demonstrate an understanding of their consequences.
7. Global: Our graduates will be able to identify and apply global perspectives in making business decisions.
8. General Business: Our graduates will be able to describe and apply foundational business concepts, theories, processes, and strategies.
Graduate Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge of core business concepts, models, and theories in the areas of management, marketing, operations management, management information systems, accounting, and finance.
- Select the proper tactical tools, theories and methodologies to use for approaching solutions to strategic problems.
- Apply knowledge of tactical tools, theories, and methodologies in solving business problems through rigorous case studies and projects.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to critical argument and decisions.
- Present data-driven decisions through effective oral and written communication.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively in team projects as participants and as leaders.
- Identify potential areas of ethical conflicts and offer solutions to them.
- Evaluate the ramifications of strategic decisions in a global context.