Business Professional Development
To help meet the challenge of an increasingly competitive business environment, the College of Business Administration (CoBA) created a program that enables students to round out their business knowledge by developing personal and professional success skills. The program is aptly named Business Professional Development (BPD) and sponsored by LPL Financial.
All CoBA students must complete the core BPD requirements during their first year as an upper-division student in BUS 302. The core items required in BUS 302 include:
- Add photo of yourself to Cougar Courses
- Create profile on CougarJOBS
- Complete TypeFocus assessment
- Watch TypeFocus video and take corresponding quiz
- Attend resume writing workshop
- Submit completed resume
Students who complete the following additional activities receive a BPD certificate and CoBA business cards from the Dean:
- Attend interviewing workshop
- Participate in a mock interview
- Take part in a professional networking event or meeting
- Attend a student organization meeting
- Attend a business etiquette dinner: Wed, Oct 22, 2014, 6:00 - 8:30 pm
- Participate in University Career Fair: Thu, Oct 2, 2014, 11:00 am - 2:00 pm, USU
- Create a LinkedIn profile
Students who complete MGMT 445 will automatically receive the BPD certificate and business cards. MGMT 445, Career Development, is held Mondays from 3:00 - 4:50 pm with Ron Gerevas (Fall 2014).
Students interested in pursuing the BPD certificate may email email@example.com to sign up.
Sponsored by LPL Financial