Literacy and Arts
Learning Literacy Through the Arts!
The San Marcos Writing Project (SMWP) is one of 190 sites of the National Writing Project (17 in California), which is a professional development network of teachers whose goal is to improve student-writing achievement by improving the teaching and learning of writing in the nation's schools.
The writing project is a resource for teachers and school districts. During the school year, writing project teachers can also provide professional development workshops for other teachers in their schools and communities. We host Open Institutes around relevant topics for two weeks in the summer or two to three day workshops during the school year. We also host Young Writer's Camps for two weeks in the summer at school sites around North San Diego County for students in grades two through eight.
Multimodal Composition and Practical Applications for Preservice and Classroom Teachers
- When: Saturday, March 19th, 2022 from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Where: Zoom
Literacy and the Arts Resources and Bibliographies for Educators
Please note: These are “Live” bibliographies and will be updated. If you have suggestions for resources that could be added, email Laurie Stowell at email@example.com
- Using Sketchnotes in the Classroom Presentation
- Visual Literacy Parents Guide
- Elements of Art Design Principles
- Parent Presentation
- Picture Books about Art and Artists
- Teaching the Elements of Art and Design through Picture Books
- Wordless Picture Books
- Visual Literacy: Presentation for Arts=Opportunity
- Reading Like an Illustrator