What is the Bridges to Stem Cell Research Program?
The Bridges to the Stem Cell Research Program is funded by the California Institute
for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM). The Program, based at CSUSM and in partnership with
Palomar, MiraCosta, Mt. San Jacinto, and San Diego Miramar Colleges, will place ten
(10) students per year in full 12-month internships with host laboratories throughout
the region. The Program has established internship commitments with the leaders in
stem cell research in academia.
- Students will be working in internships full-time during their 12-month commitment
as a Bridges intern.
- Students will participate in patient engagement activities.
- Students will participate in community engagement activities at local partnering schools.
- Students will also be enrolled full-time (through a combination of internship credit
and coursework) during their entire time as a Bridges intern.
- Internship and tuition and fees during enrollment as a Bridges intern are financially
supported by the Program.