Apply for the Panetta Internship Fall 2021
Info Sessions: Feb. 4 & 9, 12-1pm
Register for an Info Session in advance for this Zoom session.
*After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about
joining the meeting.
Panetta Internship - Work on Capitol Hill Next Fall!
The Panetta Institute for Public Policy offers CSU students the opportunity to work
as Congressional Interns on Capitol Hill! Open to all majors!
Interested in interning in Washington D.C. during Fall 2021?
- All-expenses paid internship in Washington, D.C.
- 20 units of credit
- Firsthand experience in the workings of Congress
- Professional knowledge
- Excellent professional networking opportunities
- Huge boost for your résumé
The Congressional Internship Program requires that applicants:
- Be matriculated (or matriculating) during the internship;
- Have accumulated at least 60 semester units but no more than 120 credit semester units
(or 180 credit quarter units);
- Have not taken part in this program during previous years;
- Are enrolled as a full-time student at a CSU Campus;
- Have never been sanctioned under the California Code of Regulations, Title 5, Article
5, Article 2 (Student Discipline), Section 41301;
- Be available to commit to August-November 2020 schedule;
- Fully commit to the program (e.g., no pursuit of employment or preparation of graduate
exams such as LSAT, MCAT, or GRE);
- Excellent English written and oral skills;
- Ability to provide proof of health insurance, compliant with the Affordable Care Act;
- Be a U.S. Citizen and California Resident;
- Have a G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher for term and cumulative GPA;
- Subject to a background check
To apply, email the following to Dr. Chávez Metoyer firstname.lastname@example.org by 1pm February
- Written essay stating your interest in the Congressional Internship
- Current professional résumé
- Current CSUSM college transcript (unofficial)
- Two CSUSM faculty/staff letters of rec
- Copy of a graded paper (at least 3 pages long)
Contact: Dr. Chávez Metoyer email@example.com - Faculty Director of the Office of Internships.