The goal of Career Readiness in CHABSS is to significantly increase the professional
preparedness of the graduates of the College of Humanities, Arts, Behavioral and Social
Sciences. We seek to expand the range of career options for graduates, improve the
connection between the college and community members, and encourage faculty to be
leaders in pedagogy and curriculum regarding career readiness in the liberal arts.
The Career Network enhances students' career readiness by connecting them with mentors consisting of
regional professionals, alumni, business, non-profit and community leaders.
Students: Seeking an internship? Several departments in the College of Humanities,
Arts, Behavioral and Social Sciences offer credit-bearing Internship courses.
- Do you have news related to the goals of the CHABSS Career Readiness from your work
with students? Email news and success stories to share with the larger community
to Denise Barham
- Are you interested in learning more about the college-wide career readiness and professional
communication course? Email Leo Melena for more information.
Community Members and Employers
- Application to be a mentor for the Career Network!
- Serve as a panelist to share your career experiences with students
- Is your organization interested in developing an internship program? Contact Leo Melena to learn more.
For more information about mentoring, internships, or CR events, contact Leo Melena.
Check out our archive for details about past events.