Shipping Couriers - Inbound
Shipping couriers such as Federal Express, UPS, DHL and OnTrac make deliveries to
Distribution Services between 10:00am and 4:00pm, Monday through Friday excluding
campus closure days and holidays.
Overnight and next day air items delivered to Distribution Services will be processed and delivered
to the addressee the same day as long as they are received prior to the daily scheduled
delivery run with exception to those items/packages with incorrect or incomplete address
Parcels are items shipped using a method other than overnight such as, Ground, 2 Day, 3 Day
Select or Express Saver. Parcels are delivered within 3 working days. Packages
with incorrect or incomplete address information will be held until the ordering department
contacts us with the tracking information.
Notes regarding items shipped via couriers
- Refrigerated/perishable materials will be delivered the same day as long as they are
received prior to the daily scheduled delivery run.
- Parcels scheduled for afternoon delivery may be picked up in our office by the recipient’s
department when their item is preferred earlier than our delivery schedule allows.
If your department is sending a Student Assistant, please notify our office of the
student’s name prior to pick up.
- Large orders including bulky, heavy or multi box shipments exceeding 5 boxes may experience
a short delivery delay if multiple staff members are required for delivery.
- Parcels on a state purchase order will be held for receiving in PeopleSoft resulting
in a small delivery delay.
- Parcels are commonly delivered to the department’s Administrative Coordinator or Administrative
Assistant. Please check with them prior to contacting Distribution Services regarding
package location inquiries.
- When calling Distribution Services regarding the delivery of an item shipped using
a courier service, please have the tracking number available. Distribution Services
tracks all inbound courier items by their barcoded tracking number.