AB 540 Requirements
The following are required for AB 540 eligibility:
- Attended a California high school for 3 years or more.
- Graduated from a California High School or receiving a high school equivalent degree
- Must register or currently be enrolled at an accredited institution of higher education
- Must file an Affidavit stating that he or she has filed an application to legalize
his or her Immigration status or will file an application as soon as he or she is
eligible to do so. At CSUSM, the AB 540 Affidavit (California Non-Resident Tuition
Exemption Request form) must be completed and submitted to the CSUSM Admissions &
- Must not hold a valid non-immigrant visa (F, J, H, L, A E, etc.).