Internships & Service Learning Opportunities
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE-LEARNING ASSIGNMENT
With our new center on mindfulness practices on our campus, we are looking for students to help us with outreach, especially focusing on ways to engage students. The assignment includes the following:
- Attend workshops to learn about mindfulness practices.
- Attend five to six hours of weekly sessions through the semester so that you can practice mindfulness in a group setting.
- You will spend another six to seven hours helping us with outreach efforts which include creating promotional materials, tabling, running information sessions, managing our social media etc. We ask that you share your experience with mindfulness with other students in an effort to get the word out. You will be our mindfulness ambassadors.
The duties of this position include coordinating the tabling activities, outreach to campus orgs, outreach to community orgs, developing promotional materials, coordinating social media activites, developing a newsletter.
CARE ECONOMY PROJECT INTERN
Interns are expected to provide support and assistance with the compassion and care economy action project. The duties include:
- Co-facilitate care economy action sessions with the community.
- Receive training in mindfulness practices that build compassion.
- Develop materials related to the care economy.
- Maintaining and contributing to the compassion and care economy website.
For more information, please contact Ranjeeta Basu at email@example.com
If you would like to register with us or have inquiries: CCP Interest Form