Daily Dose of Mindfulness
"Daily Dose of Mindfulness" (formerly "Weekly Sits") is an opportunity for all CSUSM community members to experience guided mindfulness practices with a facilitator. Sessions have a variety of different practices ranging from 5 minutes to 25 minutes. These practices could include breath meditation, body scan, mindful eating, mindful movement, compassion and loving kindness practices, visualization and other mindful activities.
All are welcome including partners, pets, friends and family!
Sus hijos, esposos y compañeros de casa son bienvenidos.
Mindful CSUSM Community Agreements
When participating in mindfulness activities through the virtual platform, we the Mindful CSUSM community, agree to adhere to the following principles and actions to ensure the best experience for all:
- Sessions will not be recorded to respect the privacy of participants and facilitators.
- Facilitators will control audio mute/unmute for all sessions. Participants may use “hand raise” and chat for questions/comments
- Please use first name (rather than phone number or other handle) on your screen (last name optional).
- Please check in for mindfulness sits by posting your name and campus role (faculty/staff/student) in the zoom chat or by renaming your screen.
- Video On is a strongly suggested default for participants. (At minimum, “video on” upon joining a session is requested.)This practice emphasizes the safety and comfort of the facilitator and fellow participants, and allows the facilitator to monitor any trauma responses in participants.
- Join us with an open mind and heart to receive the most benefit from the practice!
Spring 2024 Weekly Sessions:
Try some of our pre-recorded offerings as well!
|DAY OF THE WEEK
|Mondays 3:00pm to 4:00pm
|Dr. Juan Alvarez
Tuesdays 12:00 to 12:30pm
|Dr. Ranjeeta Basu and guests
|ARTS 101 (wear shoes that you can easily remove if necessary) Participate in guided mindful activities.
|Wednesdays 12:00 to 12:30pm
|Drs. Jennifer Jeffries and Fritz Kreisler
Thursdays 1pm to 1:30pm
|Dr. Paul Stuhr
|Fridays 8:00am to 8:30am
|Dr. Ranjeeta Basu
If you would like to register with us use the form below.
If you have questions, please email Dr. Ranjeeta Basu at email@example.com