Join the O-Team
Applications to join O-Team are currently closed and will reopen in Fall 2023.
The Orientation Team (O-Team) is responsible for welcoming new students and their families to the CSUSM community. O-Team provides a positive Orientation experience for the new members of our CSUSM community through assisting with the implementation of Orientation sessions in the spring and summer. New Student & Family Programs selects a team of volunteer student leaders to serve on the O-Team each year. Make sure to review the detailed position description and mandatory time commitments:
Orientation Team Leader Position Description
Benefits of Joining O-Team
- Knowledge and experiences related to CSUSM’s Co-Curricular Model:
- Civic Engagement & Social Responsibility
- Leadership & Interpersonal Development
- Career & Professional Development
- Critical Thinking & Ethical Reasoning
- Holistic Wellness & Self-Efficacy
- Priority Registration for Fall 2023
- Breakfast and Lunch during Orientation sessions staffed (for on-campus orientation sessions only)
- CSUSM apparel (O-Team sweatshirt or jacket, polo, and any other items ordered)
- Knowledge of CSUSM campus services and resources
- Transferable skills to succeed in a multitude of career paths
- Networking opportunities with CSUSM staff and faculty
- Option to earn Tukwut Leadership Circle (TLC) Leadership Certificate and UNESCO Certificate
- Lifelong memories!
For additional questions about joining the CSUSM Orientation Team, please contact New Student & Family Programs at email@example.com or 760-750-4930.