|November 2023 Pay Period Inclusive Dates||November 1 through November 30, 2023|
Payday is Thursday, November 30th, 2023
Cal Employee Connect (CEC)
A secure, web-based employee self-service portal, called Cal Employee Connect (CEC), is now available through the State Controller’s Office. Through CEC you can view your paycheck advice statements (earnings statements) and W-2 forms. Current paycheck information is available on Cal Connect by midnight on payday.
We encourage all employees to review their information each payday to ensure their pay and deductions are correct. If you have not registered for a CEC account, please find these instructions on how to register or in the Payroll News section below article.
|Hourly Employee Deadline to enter hours worked online||
Thursday, November 30, 2023 at 5:00 PM
|Staff/MPP Deadline to enter Absences or No Time Taken online||Thursday, November 30, 2023 at 5:00 PM|
|Timekeeper Deadline to Review online entries||Thursday, November 30, 2023 at 5:00 PM|
|Manager Deadline to Approve online entries||
Friday, December 1, 2023 at 5:00 PM
|Direct Deposit Posting Date||
Friday, December 1, 2023
Cal Employee Connect now offers Paperless W-2 statements!
This new feature will allow employees to download current and previous years’ W-2 statements using any internet-connected device.
Employees who “opt-in” will be able to view and download their next year’s W-2 Statement earlier than those who are still scheduled to receive their printed version in the mail.
Our “W-2 Paperless” option will help to reduce or minimize potentially higher future printing and mailing costs moving forward. In addition to these savings, the following benefits could also be realized:
- Eco-Friendly by reducing unnecessary paper usage;
- Minimize the potential for mail theft;
- Negate the time to request and receive a duplicate statement; and
- Expedite the scheduling and filing of Income Tax returns.
2022 Form W-2s are now available in Cal Employee Connect!
- Employees can now view their electronic 2022 Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, as well as prior years in Cal Employee Connect. Paper printed 2022 Form W-2s will be mailed on or before January 31, 2023 for all employees.
- Learn how to register for Cal Employee Connect. For registration assistance, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: This new portal is owned and maintained by the State Controller’s Office and is not part of CSUSM PeopleSoft Self Service. If you have any questions or need assistance, please email CSUSM Payroll Services at email@example.com or call Payroll at 760-750-4421.