Online Master's Program
The Part-Time Online MS in Speech-Language Pathology program will prepare students for practice in the field of speech-language pathology. This program will prepare individuals to practice across the entire scope of the field.
- Train students in prevention, assessment and intervention practices
- Prepare ethically responsible clinicians to make EBP clinical decisions
- Promote wellness in culturally and linguistically diverse populations within our community.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
At the end of the program, the Graduate students will be able to:
- Describe the nature of typical and disordered communication and swallowing across the lifespan.
- Integrate theory, research, and evidence-based principles into prevention, assessment, and intervention practices.
- Interact and communicate in ways that promote wellness and reflect respect for diversity, collaboration, and ethics.
- Demonstrate summative knowledge and skills necessary for entry-level practice within the field of speech-language pathology through defense of a culminating experience.
Program At A Glance
- Cohort based program with a new cohort beginning each Fall
- 76-unit program (View course descriptions)
- Online part-time program designed to be completed in 8 consecutive semesters (including 2 summer terms). View the current Online part-time program course sequence.
- Program prepares students in prevention, assessment, and treatment of communication and swallowing disorders across the lifespan for career readiness across multiple settings
- Program offers specialty clinics to maximize student exposure to speech-language pathology
- Includes 400 supervised hours in speech-language pathology in community based practice to prepare participants for their career
- After successfully completing the program, the candidate will have met the academic requirements to be eligible for a temporary California state SLP license and a preliminary CTC SLP Services credential. Candidates will also have met the academic requirements towards ASHA membership and certification.
- View our Program Achievement Data