LGBTQA+ Pride Center:
- The LGBTQA+ Pride Center is an inclusive space which promotes positive interactions
in a diverse environment. The Pride Center strives to provide a space that celebrates
and affirms students who identify with all genders and sexualities in the LGBTQ community
and their allies. The Pride Center provides virtual and in-person programming on several
topics including LGBTQA+ Issues, Sexuality and Race, Class, Gender, & Culture, Domestic
Violence and Sexual Assault Awareness & Prevention, Safe Zone Training and much more.
Gender Equity Center (GEC):
- The Gender Equity Center focuses on fostering dialogue about gender equity and social
justice; and providing resources for students to achieve their goals. The Gender Equity
Center strives to develop and maintain inclusive and validating environments at CSU
San Marcos with a focus on topics and issues broadly related to the experiences of
women, trans and non-binary students, parenting students, and the impacts of sexism
- The Latin@/x Center is grounded on community building standards deriving from “Familismo” principals and operates from a Latinx Critical Theoretical lens. The Latin@x Center focus is on Latin@/x student cultural empowerment by providing affirming and validating literature,
artwork, and media within the space. This center educates students and campus members about Latin@/x traditions, culture, and issues impacting
the community and serves as a connection point to multiple internal and external networks aimed at
providing systems of support for Latin@/x identifying students.
Cross-Cultural Center (C3):
- As the first of the Student Life Centers established at CSUSM in 2003, the Cross-Cultural Center encourages identity exploration by challenging students
to think critically about social justice issues and appreciate differences. The Cross-Cultural
Center Focuses on promoting the development of cultural intelligence, examine various forms of activism,
and train students for campus leadership, community engagement, and social change. The Cross-Cultural Center also serves to create a space for marginalized communities to belong and support efforts for them
to achieve their fullest potential for academic success.
Dean of Students:
- The Dean of Students Office promotes the commitment to student learning and development of the whole student through care,
advocacy, support and accountability. This office serves as an advocate and a centralized resource for connecting students with appropriate
services across campus and in the community.
Student Leadership & Involvement Center (SLIC):
- SLIC develops students’ capacity to lead and initiate positive social change. Through inclusive
programs, we engage students in leadership and co-curricular opportunities that foster
the Tukwut experience. These programs include Fraternity and Sorority Life, Student Organizations and Campus Leadership Opportunities.
Associated Students Inc. (ASI):
- A non-profit, student-run auxiliary of CSUSM with the mission to serve, engage and empower students. ASI is the official voice to express student
opinions, foster awareness of student issues, and protect the rights and interests
of students. ASI also delivers programs which promote a campus climate that meets
the educational, social, and cultural well-being of all students. To learn more about
the Board of Directors, ASI Cougar Pantry, Campus Activities Board or other involvement
opportunities, visit the ASI website or social channels for more information.