Event Spaces & Services
There are a variety of spaces in the USU that can fit your event's needs. All spaces are smart technology capable with wifi, computers, and projectors available. If you are looking to reserve a table in the USU arcade or another space in the facility, please see our other spaces listed below. View our Featured Event Spaces layouts and capacities.
The Ballroom is the largest indoor programming space at CSUSM. The room also has operable walls that can divide the space into as many as 4 smaller spaces to accommodate a variety of events both large and small.
The meeting room is great for smaller events and can be divided with walls, creating two smaller rooms if needed. Both rooms come equiped with smart technology and separate entrances with plenty of natural light or blackout shades. ...
The USU has many other interesting spaces that could accomodate your event request. Events in these non-event spaces include our Rooftop Patio, Arcade, East and West Pavilions, Activity Center, and more. These requests must be made with special considerations regarding student access to the spaces and the hours of availability.
In order to ensure access to public spaces, some spaces have limited availablility. The following spaces may be reserved, but with limitations as noted below:
- During the Academic Year, reservations will not be accepted for events held between the hours of 11am – 2pm, Monday – Thursday. Exceptions for events that are open to the entire campus community will be considered, and must be approved in advance.
- Reservations for this space outside of the restricted time should be limited to no more than two (2) per semester during the day, during regular operating hours.
- Any requests for events that extend beyond regular operating hours may be subject to the extended hours policy, and require approval based on availability of staff and facilities.
- The USU Arcade is the space located under the awning of the 4th floor entrances of the USU.
- Reservations for this area consist of 20 tabling sections. See diagram for table numbers and locations.
- Tabling locations can be reserved throughout the day and you may reserve multiple spots at a time. Each spot consists of one 6ft table and 2 chairs or the space itself if you desire.
- Groups that are not Student Organizations or Campus Departments should Contact Event and Conference Services for inquiries.
West Pavilion/Patio (Food Court)
- Reservations will not be accepted during regular food service operating hours during the Academic Year.
- All requests are subject to approval based on operating needs.
East Pavilion/Patio (Coffee Lounge)
- Programs scheduled in this space must be open to the entire campus community, and must be reserved in advance. The reservation is not for closing the space, but for the opportunity to program within the space.
- Outside groups may not reserve this space during the Academic Year.
- Reservations will not be accepted during regular operating hours within the Academic Year.
- Any requests beyond regular operating hours (including summer months) will be subject to the extended hours policy (if applicable), and are subject to approval.
- Events within this space require a two hour minimum reservation and staffing.
- Please review our studio guidelines before submitting a request or reservation.
- A Production Studio Request Form must be completed before a reservation is approved.
- Reservations within this space require staffing and a two hour minimum reservation.
- Reservations beyond Production Studio hours (M-F 8AM - 5PM) will not be approved.