Your  Account:

Event FAQs

Please utilize this list below to find the quickest answer to your question(s).



  • Q: When can I submit my reservation request?

    A: Student Reservation: Student Events include student organizations and student-focused events. These groups may reserve spaces up to 14 months before their event.

    Campus Departments: Campus Departments include CSUSM offices, departments, colleges, administrative units, and affiliated groups. Reservations up to 13 months before the event.

    External Organizations include off-campus groups and community members. Reservations may be made 12 months before the event or meeting.

  • Q: How do I submit a reservation for the USU?

    A: Space reservations can be submitted through 25Live. External clients, please reach out to Event & Conference Services.

Student Organizations

Approved Vendors


Cancellations/No Shows

Deposits and Payments


  • Q: How do I get to the University Student Union?

    A: CSU San Marcos is conveniently located in North San Diego County - only a short drive from the City of San Diego, Riverside County, and Orange County. The campus is located off Highway 78, which is easily accessed off of Interstate 5 or 15. The CSUSM University Student Union (USU) is located at Chavez Circle off of Campus Way. Visit the directions page for how to get to CSUSM.

  • Q: Where should guest park?

    A: If you will be visiting the USU, the best place to park is Parking Structure 1 (PS1) on Campus View Dr. Parking fees apply 24/7. A short walk from PS1 toward Chavez Circle will bring you to the USU (Building 25).

Internet Access

Streaming Movies & Shows

  • Q: Can I stream movies and shows at the USU?

    A: In compliance with the Federal Copyright Act (Title 17 of the United States Code) regarding film and video piracy, anyone requesting to show a film or view other copyrighted materials (i.e., movies or TV shows via DVD, a streaming platform, personal property, checked out from a library, etc.) on the California State University San Marcos campus must obtain the appropriate Public Performance License providing permission to show copyrighted materials in public settings. Neither the rental nor the purchase of a DVD or online streaming service carries the right to show the material outside the home.

    If your organization/department wants to stream a movie or TV show at a meeting or event, you may need to obtain rights to the media. Please review the information below about some options for streaming media.

    Before working to obtain rights to a movie, TV show, or documentary, please try to find your media on the CSUSM Library page. They provide many titles that you can stream or rent for free: 

    Some streaming companies may offer documentaries to be screened for educational purposes. For example, Netflix has a one-time educational screening policy and has opened up select documentaries for free on their YouTube page during COVID-19.

    If these options do not work, obtaining permission can be done one of two ways:

    1. Contact the company directly who owns the movie rights. This is a popular option for independent films and documentary films.
    2. Contact the USU Events team via email at Movie and TV shows can range from $300-$1,000. Charges will be added to your final event invoice.

    In both cases, the company will send you a copy of the rights to display the materials.

    **Failure to obtain the copyrights is breaking Federal Law and may result in disciplinary action against your student organization.**