The Office of Communications is the University’s representative to local, regional,
national and international media organizations. The office works across the University
to connect faculty experts and leaders with print, broadcast and digital media.
We are responsible for:
- Issuing press releases, fast facts and media advisories.
- Arranging and facilitating media coverage of CSUSM.
- Promoting CSUSM experts to the media.
- News coverage through CSUSM NewsCenter and various social media platforms.
- Providing media training to staff and faculty when necessary.
- Media Advisories Read our latest realeases.
- Photographs Our image and video library provides a variety of photos to choose from. Additional
pictures of campus, students and activities are available upon request.
- Social Channels Follow our social media accounts to stay up-to-date on campus news.
- Access to Campus Media personnel are free to enter the campus, but our media relations team should
be notified ahead of time. See campus map and directions for parking. Entry in to
classes or workspace must be cleared with the Office of Communications in advance.
- Attending Events The Office of Communications should be contacted by media personnel prior to attending
an event as part of their news coverage. This will enable us to provide additional
background information and make arrangements for parking and potential interviews.
Locate an expert or let us find one for you.
Quick stats about our campus updated annually.
Checkout what is happening around CSUSM.
Use this guide to locate the appropriate parking lot for your visit.
Reach a communications team member or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.