Orientation and New Student Programs selects a number of volunteer student leaders
to help with the planning and implementation of Orientations and transition support
for new students! The Orientation Team (O-Team), is a group of student leaders who
are selected to represent the CSUSM campus at Orientation and beyond. O-Team is responsible
for welcoming in new students and their families, providing provide a well rounded
Orientation experience for the new members of our CSUSM community.
We are currently recruiting new members for the 2019 Orientation Team. See
below to find out how you can get involved this coming season!
Learn more about O-Team & meet the current team at our final Meet and Greet event!
- Tuesday, January 22, 2018 from 3:30pm-4:30pm in USU 2310
- Current enrollment in at least 9 units at CSUSM and maintain a semester and cumulative
GPA of at least 2.50
- Be in good standing with the university
- Cannot be graduating in Spring 2019
*Further qualifications and eligibility requirements can be found under the Job Description*
New O-Team Member Selection Process Checklist:
Priority Deadline Friday, December 14, 2018
Final Deadline Monday, January 28, 2019
- Semester Parking Permit or equivalent value in Campus Gift Card
- Knowledge and experiences within CSUSM’s Integrated Co-Curricular Model Learning Outcomes:
- Civic Engagement & Social Responsibility
- Leadership & Interpersonal Development
- Career & Professional Development
- Critical Thinking & Ethical Reasoning
- Holistic Wellness
- Priority Registration
- Breakfast and Lunch during Orientation sessions staffed
- CSUSM Gear
- Knowledge of CSUSM campus services and resources
- Transferable skills to succeed in a multitude of career paths moving forward
- Option to earn Tukwut Leadership Circle (TLC) Leadership Certificate and UNESCO Certificate
- Networking Opportunities
- Lifelong Memories!
- Application Priority Deadline: Friday, December 14, 2018
- Application Final Deadline: Monday, January 28, 2019
- Individual Interview: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 through Tuesday, February 5, 2019
- Group Interview: Friday, February 1, 2019 – CFH 113 (Clarke Field House) 2:30-4:30
- Selection Letters Available: Friday, February 8, 2019 after 9am
For additional questions about joining the CSUSM Orientation Team, please contact Orientation
& New Student Programs at email@example.com or 760-750-4930.