Orientation and New Student Programs selects a number of volunteer student leaders
to help with the planning and implementation of Orientations and transition support
for new students! The Orientation Team (O-Team), is a group of student leaders who
are selected to represent the CSUSM campus at Orientation and beyond. O-Team is responsible
for welcoming in new students and their families, providing provide a well rounded
Orientation experience for the new members of our CSUSM community.
We are currently finished with recruitment for the 2019 Orientation Team. Follow our
social media pages to see when applications open again!
- Current enrollment in at least 9 units at CSUSM and maintain a semester and cumulative
GPA of at least 2.50
- Be in good standing with the university
- Cannot be graduating in Spring 2019
*Further qualifications and eligibility requirements can be found under the Job Description*
O-Team Job Description:
Benefits of Joining the Team:
- Semester Parking Permit or equivalent value in Campus Gift Card
- Knowledge and experiences within CSUSM’s Integrated Co-Curricular Model Learning Outcomes:
- Civic Engagement & Social Responsibility
- Leadership & Interpersonal Development
- Career & Professional Development
- Critical Thinking & Ethical Reasoning
- Holistic Wellness
- Priority Registration
- Breakfast and Lunch during Orientation sessions staffed
- CSUSM Gear
- Knowledge of CSUSM campus services and resources
- Transferable skills to succeed in a multitude of career paths moving forward
- Option to earn Tukwut Leadership Circle (TLC) Leadership Certificate and UNESCO Certificate
- Networking Opportunities
- Lifelong Memories!
For additional questions about joining the CSUSM Orientation Team, please contact Orientation
& New Student Programs at email@example.com or 760-750-4930.