Orientation and New Student Programs selects a number of volunteer student leaders
to help with the planning and implementation of Orientations and transition support
for new students! The Orientation Team (O-Team), is a group of student leaders who
are selected to represent the CSUSM campus at Orientation and beyond. O-Team is responsible
for welcoming in new students and their families, and providing a well rounded Orientation
experience for the new members of our CSUSM community.
Interested in joining the Orientation Team? Follow our social media pages on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter @CSUSMONSP to stay updated on applications opening again in late Fall Semester!
- Current enrollment in at least 9 units at CSUSM and maintain a semester and cumulative
GPA of at least 2.50
- Be in good standing with the university
- Cannot be graduating the Spring prior to your first Summer serving on the team
*Further qualifications and eligibility requirements can be found under the Job Description*
O-Team Job Description:
Benefits of Joining the Team:
- Semester Parking Permit or equivalent value in Campus Gift Card
- Knowledge and experiences within CSUSM’s Integrated Co-Curricular Model Learning Outcomes:
- Civic Engagement & Social Responsibility
- Leadership & Interpersonal Development
- Career & Professional Development
- Critical Thinking & Ethical Reasoning
- Holistic Wellness
- Priority Registration
- Breakfast and Lunch during Orientation sessions staffed
- CSUSM Gear
- Knowledge of CSUSM campus services and resources
- Transferable skills to succeed in a multitude of career paths moving forward
- Option to earn Tukwut Leadership Circle (TLC) Leadership Certificate and UNESCO Certificate
- Networking Opportunities
- Lifelong Memories!
For additional questions about joining the CSUSM Orientation Team, please contact Orientation,
New Student, and Family Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-750-4930.