Storm & Flooding Procedures
Winter rains can cause floods, landslides, uprooted trees, and downed or broken utility
lines in almost any neighborhood.
During the Storm
- If water has entered a garage or basement, do not walk through it – it may contain
- Do not try to drive over a flooded road. If your car stalls, abandon it immediately.
Attempting to move a stalled vehicle in flood conditions can be fatal.
- Tune to KOGO/AM 600, KPOP/AM 1360 and KSDO/AM 1130 or local TV channels for emergency
advisories and instructions.
- If you are asked to leave your property, disconnect all electrical appliances.
- Avoid downed power lines and broken gas lines.