What Services Does Family PACT cover?
· Personal and confidential health care
· Prevention of unplanned pregnancy
· Basic reproductive health assessments
· Pap smears and some treatments for abnormal Pap smears, and referrals for colposcopies
· Prevention, screening and treatment of STI’s (sexually transmitted infections)
· Pregnancy testing and counseling
· HIV testing and counseling
· Urinary tract infections (women only)
· Treatment for vaginal infections (e.g. yeast)
What Birth Control Methods are available at SHCS that Family PACT covers?
· Hormonal methods (e.g. pill, ring, shot, the Patch, IUC, Nexplanon)
· Emergency contraception (“morning after pill”)
· Barrier methods (e.g. condoms)
· Safe sex supplies (e.g. lube, dental dam, spermicides, etc.)
Family PACT DOES NOT cover the Following:
· Abortion, prenatal care, HIV treatment
· Hepatitis B testing
· HPV Vaccine (Gardasil)
· Evaluation and treatment for infertility or irregular or absent menstrual cycles.
· Other non-reproductive healthcare. Family PACT is not like regular medical insurance. It only covers reproductive health concerns. For example, If you break your leg, that would not be covered.
· Family PACT is NOT Medi-Cal (which is a different program. )
Other referrals and programs are available for the above needs, please ask us.
Family PACT Coordinator
Hours of Operation:
9:00-11:00 am and 2:00-4:00 pm
Student Health &
120 Craven Rd, Ste 100
San Marcos, CA 92078
Phone: (760) 750-4915
Fax: (760) 750-3181