Staying on campus over the summer is perfect way to stay connected, stay focused, and thrive in your summer class, internship, or job. Summer housing accommodations are available from June 2 - July 31 and June 2 - August 13 at The University Village Apartments and The QUAD. Students who currently live at CSUSM Housing may make arrangements with the licensing team to move-in earlier. Students who will live at CSUSM in the Fall after the Summer may make arrangements with the licensing team to move-in to their Fall assignment immediately after the Summer license agreement expires.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply for Summer Housing?
If you're interested in housing, please submit an application. Make sure you select "Summer of 2023" under "Expected Move In."
- How much does Summer Housing cost?
The cost for Summer Housing from June 2nd - July 31st is $2,800 and for Summer housing from June 2nd - August 13th is $3,450.
- When can I move in? When is move-out?Summer Housing is available from June 2 -July 31, 2023 unless you are registered for the second term. If you are registered for the second term, Summer Housing is available from June 2 - August 13, 2023.
- What if I need to move in early or stay late?Please contact our office directly if you need Summer housing earlier or later than stated; please be aware that this may not be an option. If we are able to adjust the dates of your Summer License, this will incur additional charges.
- Do I have to move out between Spring and Summer?Students who are Spring 2023 residents may be able to stay in their Spring space until their Summer space is ready. If you are a current resident that will be returning for Fall 2023, arrangements will be made to be able to transition smoothly into your Fall space. We will contact you with more information after we receive your application.
- What floor plans are available?Due to space constraints, students are not able to request a specific floorplan for Summer housing. We will communicate with students about their placement once their Summer License Agreement has been signed.
If you have further inquires contact us today!