University Village Apartments
University Village Apartments (UVA) is on-campus housing built in 2003. It is the home to 680 residents. In Summer 2018 the community was fully renovated, which included new counter tops, furniture, flooring and paint. The furnished apartments include full kitchens and bathrooms. UVA offers triple, double, and single occupancy bed space options, along with single occupancy studios.
The QUAD is affiliated campus housing which originally opened in Fall 2012 and was completed in Fall 2014. It is the home to 856 residents. The QUAD offers modern, furnished apartments with stainless steel appliances plus flat screen TV's in each living room. It offers quad (four person occupancy), triple, double, deluxe double, single and deluxe single bed space options.
North Commons is an affiliated* campus housing community which opened in Fall 2022. This state of the art, suite style complex will be home to 356 residents. North Commons will offer 7 floors of modern suite style living, phenomenal views of campus, and will host the San Marcos Experience (SME) residential learning community. Located next to the Campus Way Cafe. North Commons is the perfect choice for future CSUSM Cougars!
All amenities are shared between all CSUSM Housing residents. Your apartment key will grant you access to spaces specific to your property only.
- Individual License AgreementsAll communities offer individual license agreements, which means the license agreement is specific to the student. This means our residents are only responsible for their payment, not their roommate(s).
- All Utilities IncludedAll utilities are included in the total cost. No need to worry about collecting payment from your roommates for the water bill! Utilities include water, trash, gas, electricity, sewer, Internet and basic cable.
- On-Site MaintenanceWe have maintenance on-property Monday - Friday to complete any work orders you may need. We also have maintenance on-call for any emergencies.
- Campus PoliceThe University Police Department (UPD) offers support for our residents as well as patrol the communities.
- Residential Education StaffWe have a total of 45 Resident Advisors (RA's) and 5 Resident Directors (RD's) who live on-property among the residents. They are here to support the residents through the transition to college life, as well as being a resource to get involved at CSUSM. Our Resident Directors are full-time professional staff who have a Master's Degree in some field of Higher Education.
- Activities & EventsAll communities offer educational and community building activities and events held by the Resident Advisors (RA's).
- Fitness RoomsThere is a cardio room and cycling studio at UVA. The QUAD offers a fitness center with various cardio machines and weights.
- Laundry RoomsThere are a total of nine laundry rooms at UVA, two laundry rooms at The QUAD, and one laundry room at The North Commons. All machines are self-service and the cost is included in the total cost of housing.
All communities have a mail and package system. At The QUAD and The North Commons, there are electronic package lockers through Parcel Pending. At the UVA, you would pick up all packages from the Front Office.