Plan your Applied Physics Major
Log into your MyCSUSM and the roadmap to your degree using Degree Planner. This interactive online eAdvising tool will help you be more proactive and engaged in your course planning.
Connect with an Academic Advisor for CSTEM.
Contact your faculty advisor to discuss the major.
Print out the your major/minor worksheet:
- Applied Physics with an Option in Applied Physics
- Applied Physics with an Option in Electronics
- Physics Minor
- Electronics Minor
Check out the Physics Recommended Sequence chart.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Carry out the process of scientific investigation, using appropriate lab techniques
- Apply mathematical techniques to represent, model, and solve physics problems,
including real-world problems.
- Write simple computer programs that control scientific experiments, gather physical
and model or simulate physical processes.
- Apply specific knowledge in the areas of mechanics, electromagnetism, thermal physics,
and quantum phenomena to problem solve in the fields and to real-world applications.
- Design, troubleshoot, and test analog and digital electron circuits for real-world
- Keep a laboratory notebook and know how to present scientific information as a technical
article, as a formal journal article, or as a public oral presentation.
Browse the CSUSM Catalog.