Your  Account:

Criminal Reporting

Reporting to University police and/or local police is an option at any time following a Sexual Violence incident. If you choose not to report to the police immediately, you can still make the report at a later time. However, with the passage of time, the ability to gather evidence to assist with criminal prosecution may be limited. Depending on the circumstances, the police may be able to obtain a criminal restraining order on your behalf.

If you report certain sex offenses to local or University Police, the police are required to notify you that your name will become a matter of public record unless confidentiality is requested. If you request that your identity be kept confidential, your name will not become a matter of public record and the police will not report your identity to anyone else at the University, including the Title IX Coordinator. University Police will, however, report the facts of the incident itself to the Title IX Coordinator being sure not to reveal to the Title IX Coordinator your name/identity, or compromise their own criminal investigation. 

The University is required by the federal Clery Act to report certain types of crimes (including certain sex offenses) in statistical reports. However, while the University will report the type of incident in the annual crime statistics report known as the Annual Security Report, your name/identity will not be revealed.

University Police:

Address: 425 La Moree Road
Phone: (760) 750-4567 or 911 on campus phones

Local Police: San Diego County Sheriff San Marcos

Address: 182 Santar Place, San Marcos, 92069
Phone: (760) 510-5200

Local law enforcement agencies (non-emergency)

  • Carlsbad Police Department: (760) 931-2197
  • Chula Vista Police Department: (619) 691-5151
  • Coronado Police Department: (619) 522-7350
  • El Cajon Police Department: (619) 579-3311
  • Escondido Police Department: (760) 839-4722
  • La Mesa Police Department: (619) 469-6111
  • National City Police Department: (619) 336-4411
  • Oceanside Police Department: (760) 435-4900
  • San Diego Police Department: (619) 531-2000
  • *San Diego County Sheriff's Department: (858) 565-5200
  • Naval Criminal Investigative Services: (619) 556-1364

*Covers unincorporated areas of the County, and contract cities of: 

Del Mar, Encinitas, Fallbrook, Imperial Beach, Lemon Grove, Poway, San Marcos, Santee, Solana Beach, Valley Center, Vista, 4S Ranch

Pursue Protective Orders:

You may also choose to obtain a protective or restraining order (such as a domestic violence restraining order, a stalking or harassment protective order or a civil harassment restraining order). Restraining orders must be obtained from a court in the jurisdiction where the incident occurred. Your campus Sexual Violence Advocate can offer assistance with obtaining a protective or restraining order.