It is the responsibility of Student Conduct & Ethical Development to uphold the CSU Standards for Student Conduct at CSUSM. We focus on working with students who have been referred to the Dean of Students Office for behavior that may have been a violation of the Standards for Student Conduct. Student Conduct ensures a safe and fair environment for students to reflect on their behaviors and discuss learning that has occurred. Students referred to the Dean of Students Office for alleged violations of the Standards for Student Conduct can expect a setting that fosters education while focusing on ethical development.
Learning Outcomes for students:
- Understand and articulate how their behavior and expectations outlined in the CSU Standards for Student Conduct may impact their educational career.
- Articulate the reasoning behind the decisions made that led to potential policy violation and referral to the Dean of Students Office.
- Understand and identify how their behavior has a larger impact on the CSUSM campus community.
- Develop the student’s ability to reflect on and learn from their behavior in order to make better, more informed decisions in the future.
- Understand and articulate that the CSU Standards for Student Conduct support the health, safety, and overall well-being of the University community.