Your  Account:

Resident Concerns

If you or another resident is experiencing roommate issues, academic concerns, personal challenges or is in need of support, please utilize the following resources.


University Police Department (UPD)

Please contact your Resident Advisor (RA) or the RA on Duty

  • For Students Only
    • Monday - Friday 5:00 pm - 8:00 am
    • Saturday - Sunday 24 hours:

University Village Apartments (UVA)
(760) 750-6400

(760) 750-3733

Academic & Other Student Related Concerns

Student Outreach And Referral (SOAR) | (760) 750-SOAR (7627) | 

  • Guarantor Concern for Their Resident

     If it is an emergency please contact University Police Department (UPD) (760) 750-4567.

    Due to The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regalations, unless a student provides written permission, their academic & non-academic information can’t be released to anyone without an educational right to know.

    Exception: financial information can be shared with the student and the guarantor only.

    For all other information, like conduct, academic, roommate relations, we cannot discuss these matters unless your student gives us written permission.

    If your student has issues or concerns with their living situation or personal matters, please encourage them to speak with their Resident Advisor or Resident Director. 

  • Roommate Concerns / Issues

    If you've spoken to your roommate and referred back to the Roomate Agreement set with your RA at the beginning of the year, and the concern / issue has not be resolved, please contact your RA to conduct a roommate mediation.

    If the concern / issue persists, your RA may refer your concern to a Resident Director (RD). 

    If you feel your roommate concern is an emergency, please contact University Police Department (UPD) (760) 750-4567.

  • Concerns Regarding Discrimination, Harrassment, and Retaliation (DHR)

    CSUSM Housing is committed to maintaining an inclusive community, valuing diversity, inclusion, and respect.

    If you are experiencing discrimination based on any Protected Status: i.e., Age, Disability, Gender, Genetic Information, Gender Identity or Expression, Nationality, Marital Status, Race or Ethnicity, Religion, Sexual Orientation, and Veteran or Military Status, please contact your RA or the RA on Duty, or reference the Discrimination, Harassment & Retaliation Policy and Procedure for Students.

    Students who feel that they have been the victim of any form of Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation, can report concerns to the Dean of Students Office in University Student Union 3500.

    If you are interested, confidential resources are available through Student Health and Counseling Services (SHCS) and our Sexual Violence Advocate and Educator. They can both be reached at (760) 750-4915. More information can also be found on the SHCS website

    Call UPD at (760) 750-4567 if you are experiencing any kind of emergency, immediate harm, or threat of harm.