At California State University San Marcos, we are confident that the Fully Employed MBA (FEMBA) program will allow you to advance quickly and lead confidently with the extensive business knowledge and professional network you will gain from learning in the CSUSM cohort model.
- Traditional in-person learning experience, or
- Flexible remote education with our fully online option
- Pursue your MBA from anywhere, at your own pace
Acquire the skills necessary to succeed in today's dynamic and globally competitive marketplace, all while enjoying the convenience of online learning. Join us and embark on your MBA journey with the best of both worlds.
Talk to an Advisor
Fully Online Option Available. Classes offered on Wednesday Evenings and Saturdays to complete the program in 18 months.
Make Lifelong connections through the cohort-based model.
Students have the benefit of working with an advisor to develop a personalized plan.
- Most affordable option in San Diego County
- Fully online option
- No GMAT required
- Open to all majors
- Designed for working professionals
- Scholarships available
- 18 month program
- 5 week classes
- Wednesday evenings & Saturdays*
*Students can attend class virtually on two Saturdays and two Wednesdays per five-week course.
- $29,655 - Resident tuition including graduate tuition, campus fees, and professional fees.
- $41,139 - Non-resident tuition
Students are eligible to enroll in a Graduate Assistant program. This paid opportunity provides students with financial support as they pursue their MBA degree. Contact email@example.com for more details.
I am very proud of being a CSUSM alumni and grateful for the opportunity to pursue my MBA at CSUSM.
Completing the program gave me the confidence to lead in a way that I never could have before. This new knowledge has helped me to uplevel my role, lead new projects, and secure better pay.
- Apply by April 1, 2024
- Orientation on May 29, 2024
- Start date on June 1, 2024
Register for an information session to learn more about the program:
- Saturday, March 9, 2024: 9:45 am - 11:30 am
- Saturday, April 6, 2024: 9:45 am - 11:30 am
- Saturday, May 25, 2024: 9:45 am - 11:30 am
- How long will it take for me to complete my MBA degree?The fully employed MBA program can be completed in 18 months at a full-time rate, or in 36 months as a part-time student.
- When is the application period?
- Do I need a bachelor degree in business to be admitted into the MBA program?No, the program is designed for applicants of all backgrounds and includes core business knowledge in the curriculum.
- When does the program begin once I am admitted?Entry into the FEMBA program is only allowed in the Summer term of each year. Please review the program schedule for exact dates.
- What is the cost of the program?
Total Tuition and fees for current entrants are estimated at:
- Who can I talk to about Financial Aid?Financial Aid is available and awarded to qualifying students based on demonstrated financial need. For more information on Financial Aid please visit www.csusm.edu/finaid
- I am an international student interested in the MBA program what is my next step?
- Are there any courses I can take ahead of time?If you do not feel adequately prepared in terms of college level calculus, it is advisable for you to learn that material prior to entering the MBA program. Our program is designed to provide the business education background at a graduate level.
- I have taken graduate business courses already. Can I waive any of the MBA courses?
Students may petition to waive up to 6 units or two courses of the thirteen core courses. To request to substitute a course from another university, please indicate the course taken and the CSUSM course you would like to receive credit for on your application to the program. You will also be required to submit a syllabus for the course taken with your application.
If you are planning to waive a course please notify the MBA office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-750-4267. You will be notified with your admission decision if the course is approved for credit.
- Do I have to take the set class schedule?Students are highly encouraged to take the FEMBA classes with their cohort. In the experience of the FEMBA program, learning is greatly enhanced when students progress through their classes with the same cohort. However, students may elect to take 1 or 2 courses per term, according to their own requirements. BA 650—Strategic Management in the Global Environment and BA 680 Master's Project can only be taken after advancement to candidacy, which requires having no more than 11 units (including BA 650, BA 671, BA 673 and BA 680) outstanding. Students have a maximum of five years from entering the FEMBA program to complete their degree.
- Is the work experience requirement mandatory?
Yes, all applicants face the same guidelines, namely three years of professionally relevant work experience*. Our average, in fact, is over nine years per student. There are two reasons for this: first, we want to be sure you receive the full benefit of our program, which is obtained when students have enough work experience to relate what is taught in class with what they have experienced in the business world. The second reason is that half of the learning in a good MBA program is from the students bringing to the class what they have seen and done in the business world—their contributions and "war stories" are invaluable.
*Professionally relevant work experience means that you have seen how management in an organization works; for example, being a waiter or waitress has a strong customer service requirement, but that person is not likely to have seen how the business/restaurant is run, where as a restaurant manager would know more about business operations
- What is the AACSB Accreditation?The Cal State San Marcos College of Business Administration has achieved accreditation from a prestigious global organization, joining the top 5% of business schools in the world. This is one of the reasons why students should choose to receive an master degree in business at CSUSM.
In the nation for social mobility