Specialized MBA Program
CSUSM’s College of Business Administration offers an accelerated Specialized MBA program for recent graduates (business and non-business majors) along with international students interested in pursuing an advanced business education. Each MBA specialization option is determined by significant employer demands for graduates with specialized knowledge in the following areas.
- Advanced Study in Supply Chain Management
- Advanced Study in International Business
- Advanced Study in Business Analytics
The evening class program now offers schedule options for full-time students AND working professionals! Each year, prospective students will apply to start the program in Fall of the following year.
|Major||Full-Time Students||Part-Time Working Professionals||Orientation Dates|
|August 15th, 2024|
*Full-time working professionals are strongly advised to complete the program on a part-time schedule.
Tuition / Scholarships
- Fall 2024 entry tuition costs $825 per unit.
- The estimated total cost for the 2024-2025 tution and fees is $31,503. This includes graduate tuition, campus fees, and professional fees. Tution and fees are expected to increase each year.
- See more information about tuition and additional fees.
- Prospective Students can apply for one of the entrance scholarships on our scholarship webpage
- Current students are selected for a merit-based scholarship based on student academic performance.
- Graduate Assistantship
- After being accepted into the program, MBA students are eligible to apply to the Graduate Assistant program. This paid opportunity provides students with financial support as they pursue their MBA degree. For more details about the Graduate Assistant program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MBA admission committee has made an important decision to remove the GMAT test
requirement from the application process. For more informaiton, please contact the
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How long will it take for me to complete my MBA degree?
The program can be completed in 12 months. Domestic students have the options of doing this program part-time with a 2 year ration.
- When is the application period?
- Do I need a bachelors degree in business to be admitted into the MBA program?No, the program is designed for applicants of all backgrounds and includes core business knowledge in the curriculum. We encourage people from all degree background to apply to the CSUSM MBA program.
- When does the program start once I am admitted?Entry into the SMBA program is only allowed in the Fall term for all majors. This is done to encourage students to continue through the program together, as a cohort, which has demonstrated to significantly enhancing a positive outcome for students in the program.
- What is the cost of the program?Total Tuition and fees for current entrants are estimated at: Fall Entry (12 months): $31,515
- Who can I talk to about Financial Aid?Financial Aid is available and awarded to qualifying students based on demonstrated financial need. For more information on Financial Aid please visit www.csusm.edu/finaid
- I am an international student interested in the MBA program what is my next step?
- Can I take MBA courses without taking the GMAT/GRE?Yes. the GMAT is no longer a requirement to complete before applying to the program. Nor is it required to be accepted to the MBA program.
- Do I have to take the set class schedule?Students are highly encouraged to take the SMBA classes with their cohort. In the experience of the SMBA program, learning is greatly enhanced when students progress through their classes with the same cohort. However, some students may decide to complete this program part-time.
- Is the work experience requirement mandatory?
No, work experience is not required to apply to our Specialized MBA program.
- What is AACSB Accreditation?The Cal State San Marcos College of Business Administration has achieved accreditation from a prestigious global organization, joining the top 5% of business schools in the world. This is one of the reasons why students should choose to receive an master degree in business at CSUSM.