TRIO Job Opportunities
Student Mentor positions
Student Mentors are hired to Mentor, Tutor, and assist in providing program services to our TRIO participants who are high school grade levels 9th-12th.
- Applicants must be current CSUSM Student with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Have reliable transportation to work at schools sites in Oceanside or Escondido
- Be self-motivated
- Possess good written and oral communications skills
- Knowledge and sensitivity in working with students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Position offers community outreach expereince to serve as a Mentor to high school students with the goal to encourage them to complete high school, enroll in and complete their postseconary education.
Length of Appointment: To begin immediately IN-PERSON thru August 31, 2023
Compensation: $15.50 per hour; up to 20 Hours per week
Application Review Period: Immediately and on a rolling basis until positions filled
How to Apply:
Please find our job posting on Handshake, complete the employment application and submit with resume and class schedule.
- #5200685 Student Mentor- TRIO Talent Search
- #5200624 Student Mentor- TRIO Upward Bound
TRIO Assistant position
Seeking TRIO Assistant to develop, coordinate, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive and innovative recruitment activities to attract a variety of participants to our TRIO Talent Search and TRIO Upward Bound programs at California State University San Marcos.
- TRIO Talent Search (TS) serving Oceanside: El Camino HS and Oceanside HS
- TRIO Upward Bound (UB) serving Escondido: Escondido HS and Orange Glen HS
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education, Counseling, Public Administration, or related field from an accredited college/university
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in student recruitment, promotion of student services program or community services programs, or a related field.
- TRIO Alumni or TRIO work experience
- Knowledge of College Admissions requirements
- Ability to independently plan, coordinate, and implement diverse recruitment activities
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Develops and coordinates innovative approaches for recruitment based on program objectives.
- Establishes recruitment strategies to achieve program objectives.
- Provides program administration on recruitment activities, planning, and development.
- Promotes program recruitment among target schools and communities serve.
- Conducts presentations (virtual and/or in person) for school groups/fairs and other events to encourage new participant applications.
- Performs all levels of recruitment duties.
- Prepares a wide variety of program recruitment and social media materials.
- Participates in planning meetings to provide recruitment updates on program objectives.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- To begin immediately, 20 Hours per week
- Application Review Period: Immediately and on a rolling basis until positions filled
How to Apply:
- SUBMIT completed CSUSM Corporation Employment Application, with Cover Letter, and Resume
ATTN: TRIO Pre-College Programs