TRIO Job Opportunities
IMPORTANT: Due to COVID-19 TRIO Pre-College Programs has moved all services online virtually.
Our Staff are working remotely and available to work with our program participants.
2021-22 TRIO Student Mentor positions
Student Mentors are hired to Mentor, Tutor, and assist in providing program services
to our TRIO participants who are high school grade levels 9th-12th.
- Applicants must be current CSUSM Student with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Have reliable transportation to work at schools sites in Oceanside or Escondido
- Be self-motivated
- Possess good written and oral communications skills
- Knowledge and sensitivity in working with students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Ability to work independently with miniml supervision
- Position offers community outreach expereince to serve as a Mentor to high school
students with the goal to encourage them to complete high school, enroll in and complete
their postseconary education.
Length of Appointment: To begin immediately through May 31, 2022
Compensation: $14 per hour; 20 Hours per week
Application Review Period: Immediately and on a rolling basis until positions filled
How to Apply:
Please find our job posting on Handshake, complete the employment application and submit with resume and class schedule.
- #5200624 Student Mentor- TRIO Upward Bound
- #5200685 Student Mentor- TRIO Talent Search
TRIO Summer Assistant positions
Seeking Summer Assistants to develop, coordinate, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive
and innovative recruitment activities to attract a variety of participants to our
TRIO Talent Search and TRIO Upward Bound programs at California State University San
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education, Counseling, Public Administration, or related
field from an accredited college/university
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in student recruitment, promotion of student services
program or community services programs, or a related field.
- TRIO Alumni or TRIO work experience
- Knowledge of College Admissions requirements
- Ability to independently plan, coordinate, and implement diverse recruitment activities
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Develops and coordinates innovative approaches for recruitment based on program objectives.
- Establishes recruitment strategies to achieve program objectives.
- Provides program administration on recruitment activities, planning, and development.
- Promotes program recruitment among target schools and communities serve.
- Conducts presentations (virtual and/or in person) for school groups/fairs and other
events to encourage new participant applications.
- Performs all levels of recruitment duties.
- Prepares a wide variety of program recruitment and social media materials.
- Participates in planning meetings to provide recruitment updates on program objectives.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- To begin immediately
- Compensation: Starting at $20 per hour; 40 Hours per week
- Application Review Period: Immediately and on a rolling basis until positions filled
How to Apply: