TRIO Job Opportunities
TRIO Student Mentor positions
Student Mentors are hired to Mentor, Tutor, and assist in providing program services
to our TRIO participants who are high school grade levels 9th-12th.
- Applicants must be current CSUSM Student with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Have reliable transportation to work at schools sites in Oceanside or Escondido
- Be self-motivated
- Possess good written and oral communications skills
- Knowledge and sensitivity in working with students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Position offers community outreach expereince to serve as a Mentor to high school
students with the goal to encourage them to complete high school, enroll in and complete
their postseconary education.
Length of Appointment: To begin immediately through August 31, 2022
Compensation: $15 per hour; up to 20 Hours per week
Application Review Period: Immediately and on a rolling basis until positions filled
How to Apply:
Please find our job posting on Handshake, complete the employment application and submit with resume and class schedule.
- #5200685 Student Mentor- TRIO Talent Search
TRIO Assistant position
Seeking TRIO Assistant to develop, coordinate, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive
and innovative recruitment activities to attract a variety of participants to our
TRIO Talent Search and TRIO Upward Bound programs at California State University San
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education, Counseling, Public Administration, or related
field from an accredited college/university
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in student recruitment, promotion of student services
program or community services programs, or a related field.
- TRIO Alumni or TRIO work experience
- Knowledge of College Admissions requirements
- Ability to independently plan, coordinate, and implement diverse recruitment activities
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Develops and coordinates innovative approaches for recruitment based on program objectives.
- Establishes recruitment strategies to achieve program objectives.
- Provides program administration on recruitment activities, planning, and development.
- Promotes program recruitment among target schools and communities serve.
- Conducts presentations (virtual and/or in person) for school groups/fairs and other
events to encourage new participant applications.
- Performs all levels of recruitment duties.
- Prepares a wide variety of program recruitment and social media materials.
- Participates in planning meetings to provide recruitment updates on program objectives.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- To begin immediately, 20 Hours per week
- Application Review Period: Immediately and on a rolling basis until positions filled
How to Apply: