TRIO Upward Bound
We are available to work with participants in person and/or virtually.
What is TRIO Upward Bound?
TRIO Upward Bound (UB) is a college preparation program assisting 9–12th grade students to graduate from high school and attend the college of their choice. We serve high school students from low-income families and from families in which neither parent holds a bachelor's degree. UB is year round program (academic year + summer) throughout your high school journey, where UB provides academic support and guidance toward entering college.
TRIO Upward Bound program is completely FREE.
There are over 70,700 Upward Bound students being served, from over 950 UB programs nationally in the United States.
Check out our PDF information booklet
Upward Bound offerings:
- Academic Advising & Support
- Tutorial services at each target school
- UB Saturdays (once a month)
- Community Service Opportunities
- Cultural Activities
- College Visits
- Assistance with completing College Admissions applications
- Assistance with completing Financial Aid application
- Assistance with Scholarship searches and completing applications
- 6 weeks at CSUSM
- Academic Enrichment
- Cultural & Social Activities
- College & Career Exploration
- Leadership Development
TRIO Upward Bound Program is made possible by a federal grant provided by the U.S. Department of Education and in collaboration with California State University San Marcos, Escondido High School and Orange Glen High School.
ALL PROGRAM SERVICES ARE FREE